Welcome to another review by bestpettrackers.com. Today we are looking at the TKSTAR GPS Pet Tracker and as always we will be checking out the pros and cons of the tracker and answering questions like, How does it work? What are the features? And Is it waterproof? As well as the best place to buy and get free post and packaging.
In a hurry?
Skip down to find out everything you need to know about the TKSTAR GPS Pet Tracker…….
Why Use a pet tracker?
Among some of the most loved assets of our daily lives, are pets. A pet is a dear part of the family or an individual’s life. They are almost an embedded aspect of one's life. With time, they become more and more important to you, and are a ray of happiness in your lives. They are loyal, faithful and absolutely adorable. Their love for you is beyond comparison. You love them unconditionally, and they rightfully reciprocate that love. Irrespective of age, we all love to tune in to the company of our pets.
But there are mis-happenings, and owing to incidents like a little carelessness or misplaced attention, you might lose your little buddy. It is extremely difficult to trace a lost pet. Often there is no medium of connectivity. Complains registered are also not always taken seriously. You cannot contact them or even get a clue of where they might have wandered off to. It can be a state of mental anguish and emotional trauma for you as well as for your pet. The loss of a pet can be extremely bothering and can give you sleepless nights. As much as you may want to run throughout the streets calling out their names, its not often that this alone will help you find your pet. A pet tracker keeps a check on your pet and keeps them safe and close to you.
What is the TKSTAR pet tracker (TK909)?
It is a pet tracker device which is specially designed to keep track of your little furry friends. Technology has advanced to the extent that it can solve the issue of losing your pet as well. These trackers are extremely helpful and some might even say a must have for owners of active pets. The TKSTAR GPS pet tracker is an affordable option when it comes to your pet’s safety. This tracker has a number of great features and is well equipped to trace the location of your dear pet. All you need to do is, secure the device onto the neckband of your pet, and pair it up with your cell phone. It will help you keep your pet safe and sound, and within your vicinity. Unlike many pet trackers that are only able to be used in one country this one can be used in several different countries because it can use a GSM sim card from a network provider in the country it is being used in. Not all sim cards will work in this pet tracker, check below for more information.
Features of this pet tracker
- Real time tracking feature- You can actually call on the number of the device, and listen to the ring around the area where your pet might have wandered off to.
- Auto- tracking- this pet tracker also tracks your pet on its own. You do not have to worry constantly for your little friend.
- It also checks mail address by means of SMS. You do not need to keep your data connection on, 24*7.
- Blind area tracking is one of its unique features, as it allows you to know if your pet is moving into any such area which is strange or is not a centre of any activity.
- GPS and GSM tracking- The device is enabled to connect to google maps and make use of directions and locations with that.
- History trace checking feature helps you keep track of the past locations of your pet. In this manner, you can make a note of the places that are frequently visited by your pet.
- Geo-fence feature lets you restrict your pet’s movement to a certain geographical boundary. Once your pet leaves that boundary, you will receive an alert about the same.
- Movement alert- The device also alerts you against any strange movement, in the vicinity of your pet.
- Over-speeding alert- If your pet is walking, running or moving faster than normal/ usual, then the tracker sends you an alert by the means of a text message or an alarm.
- Low battery alert- The device reports its battery status to the owner, in the form of text messages and message alerts, when the battery is extremely low
- Remote monitoring and sleep working mode.
- Shaking sensor alert feature- If your pet is making any unusual movements, the device makes an alert which is called a shaking sensor alert.
- English language feature- Since English is a link language and most of the people throughout the world make use of it, the primary language of the device is English.
The TKSTAR tracking neckband serves several other features like shake alarm, low battery alarm and geo fence. The geo fence feature is a stunning technology-based feature that allows the owner of the pet to set up a boundary for their pet. You can restrict the pet's movements within a particular geographic area. If your pet wanders off the set boundary, the tracker number will text the connected number (owner's number or authorized number). The TKSTAR GPS pet tracker is waterproof, and is resistant to light splashes of water. It also functions on textual commands. It is not mandatory that your internet connection has to be functioning 24x7; you can even text and keep a track. The best part of the TKSTAR device is that it can help you hear the noises in the surroundings, on making a call. The device also has the function of refreshing its status every 2 minutes. The neckband also comes in several colours. The basic colour is black; you have to pay an extra amount for a coloured band of your choice.
Whats The battery Life?
On an average, the battery of TKSTAR tracking device lasts 4 to 7 days depending on use which is pretty good for a small device with several functions. However if it is in sleep mode, then it can last as long as 10 days.
Whats The Range?
Because this tracker uses a sim card it has the same range and network connectivity as a cell phone, meaning that it work anywhere you can get cell phone reception which is most places nowadays. The limitations are the sim cards will only work in the country they are purchased in and meant for use in, for example in the US the AT+T sim will only work in the US.
Is It Waterproof?
The TKSTAR GPS pet tracking device is waterproof, and is resistant to light splashes of water but as with most devices like this I wouldn’t plan to completely submerge in water for prolonged periods.
what is required for the device to be utilised?
You will need a few items so that you can pair up the device and make use of it. A smart phone is an essential requirement. You need a smartphone in order to use the device. Along with that, you also need an active data plan and a high- speed network connection. The data plan has to be reliable in order to work on the GPS technology and keep you informed about the changing locations. Another essential is a SIM card (see below for more details), you will have to buy an additional SIM card for the device. The TKSTAR GPS pet tracker requires a GSM SIM card. The companies that use this type of SIM are AT&T and T-Mobile if in the US. You can get these SIM cards effortlessly. You can either buy them online or get them from your nearest retailer store. You may also need a SIM card adapter since it helps you re-size the SIM card. If you want to use the SIM for other purposes as well, you will need a SIM card adapter, for doing so.
how to set up and use the tkstar gps pet tracker?
You may also need a cheap pre paid cell phone to help with the set up of this tracking device. To active the new sim card you are intending to use in the tracker you will need to put it in to a phone. This is also a how to put credit on the trackers sim card when necessary, just $5 will last a good amount of time, depending on usage obviously. If you already have access to a phone that is on the network of the sim card you are using for the device then you won’t need another phone, you can just put the trackers sim card into that phone.
Setting up this device is pretty easy. How does it work?
- You need to activate the new sim card. This is done either using the pre paid cell phone or your smart phone if its on the appropriate network.
- Next, you have to download TKSTAR GPS app on your smart phone from either the apple app store or googles play store.
- Insert the activated sim card in to the tracker and you should see a solid blue light
- Once the solid blue light begins to flash blue the tracker has picked up the network. (A green light indicates data usage which is a additional cost)
- Now the tracker is connected to the network you can text G123456 to the tracker and you will receive a message back with details of the trackers GPS position on a google map.
- If you have any issues in setting up the tracking device, you can contact the seller for inquiry.
Which SIM card to use
US - AT+T or Tmobile
Canada - Rogers
UK - EE
advantages and shortcomings of the tkstar gps pet tracker
This pet tracking device has its own share of pros and cons. Its advantages are as follows-
- This device is cost effective as compared to other GPS pet tracking devices in the market. Many such devices have a monthly subscription fee as well, but TKSTAR pet tracking device is perfect when it comes to expenses.
- It allows you to use SIM card, and you can choose between pre-paid or post-paid subscriptions of SIM plans. This device is also long lasting, in terms of battery. On an average, the battery of this pet tracking device lasts from 4 days up to 7 days. But if it is in sleep mode, then it can last up to 10 days as well.
- One of the most commendable features of this device is that it offers you with several functions. Apart from the usual tracking function, it also has system alerts, battery reminder, geo- fence, etc.
There are some shortcomings of the pet tracker as well-
- It is a little complex when it comes to the setup procedure. Though it's not an absolutely difficult task, you need to follow the instructions closely. The device will not work on its own, and you will have to make some efforts to get it going.
- You will need to buy a few devices and get a secure net connection, to make proper use of the device. It has some add-on costs.
- Wearing a collar with a tracker attached may not be suitable for all pets as some may find it distracting.
- There maybe a monthly expenditure for a data plan involved if a contract sim card is used.
the tkstar gps pet tracker come in two different sizes
The TK909 tracker comes in 2 different sizes-large and small. It has been designed so as to suit your pet’s needs. The larger tracker is for medium or small sized dogs, while the smaller tracker is for cats and small dogs and puppies.
Its dimensions are 70 mm by 37 mm by 20 mm, and weighs 50 gm. It works on a GSM/GPRS network type. The band has a frequency of 850/900/1800/1900 MHz and a GPS accuracy of 5 metres. The GPS Collar for Big Dogs is specially customised for dogs which are large in size.
The small-sized tracker is specially designed for cats and dogs of small size, and it can even be used for puppies. With the help of this device, you can keep track of your little friends, like your pet puppies, cats, etc. The dimensions of the small tracker are 62 mm by 30 mm by 18 mm. It is even lesser in weight and weighs only 33 grams. Its light-weight makes the neckband a hassle-free accessory for the smaller sized pet. This device is of the same frequency as the larger device. The GPS accuracy is also similar to the large-sized band.
specifications of the device and whats in the box
- GPS chip- UBLOX
- GPS accuracy- 5 m
- Car charger- 12-24 V input, 5V output
- Wall charger- 110- 220 V input, 5V output
- Band frequency- 850/ 900/ 1800/ 1900 MHz
- Network- GSM/ GPRS
- Weight- 50 g
The package of TKSTAR pet tracking device includes a pet GPS tracker, a pet collar or neck band, a user manual to help you set up the device, a USB cable to charge the device and to facilitate connectivity. The package does not include a SIM card. You will have to buy a SIM card on your own.
functions of the tracker
- Set or delete the master number
- Listen and talk
- Set positioning mode
- Offline alarm
- Set time zone
- Set or shut move alarm
- Set SOS number for emergency situations
- Auto disarm
- Move frequency or rest frequency
about the company
______ Technology Co. Ltd is a professional company when it comes to GPS tracking and security systems. The company is known for its design and developed techniques across various verticals. They have prior experience in working with international tracking service companies. They specialize in tracking devices, aimed at your pet's security and safety as well as GPS trackers for cars.
how have the users reviewed it?
Overall, the TKSTAR GPS pet tracking device is a great product. It is an affordable option for the safety of your furry little friends. It has been embedded with great features and is undoubtedly a commendable use of technology. It might be a little tricky to set up, but it is an excellent product to help you keep your pet safe.
The TKSTAR TK909 pet tracker is a lightweight and comfortable device. TKSTAR has a good GPS connection and is just the perfect device to keep track of your little friend. The neckband is customised to suit the comfort of your pet. TKSTAR TK909 tracker device is your pet's friend. You no longer have to worry about your pet getting lost. The tracker device will always keep you informed of your pet's current location and location history. Also, it is designed as per your pet’s size, so that it shouldn’t be a burden on your pet. So anytime you need to find your pet, all you have to do is call the collar’s phone number or send a text on that number. The tracker will send you a text with a link of the Google Maps location of your pet. You will not have to worry about losing your dear pet anymore. It is said that ‘prevention is better than cure', and it is absolutely true. With this tracker, you do not have to face the traumatising situation of losing your pet. You can keep a constant track of their location with the help of the TKSTAR TK909 pet tracker device. The tracker comes in neckbands of different colours. You can live a hassle-free life and vouch for the safety of your own pet.
Did you enjoy reading my article? Your friends and family might too. Feel free to pin it on Pinterest or share it with them on Facebook...