A pet in a family is like a child of the house. We grow so terribly fond of them, that all our activities revolve around our furry friends. They are a source of joy and comfort on a bad day, and a trusted companion for young and old alike. Their devotion towards their owners in unparalleled.
But pets like cats and dogs need exercise, and they often have the habit of wandering out alone. The scare that one feels when we cannot trace our pet is indescribable. Going from street to street calling out their name, and then the sight of lost pet poster, chills the blood of any pet owner.
So, to save you this anxiety, we have the perfect product for you- the Link AKC smart collar.
There are several products available in this category, then why chose this pet tracker over other brands? We will answering this question as well as How does it work? Is it water proof? The pros and cons and much more in the following sections.
in a hurry?
You can Click here to go Straight to the amazon page.........
Features Of The Product
- It is extremely light-weight.
- Rugged, can survive extreme conditions
- Is water-proof up to 3ft for around 30 minutes.
- It is very simple to use.
- It comes in 2 different styles- Link AKC Classic and Link AKC Sport.
- It uses a GPS tracker to keep your dog safe and healthy.
- You can track your dog using various mediums- GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and cellular services.
- The App can be used to link upto 10 collars.
- It comes in various sizes- extra small, small, medium, large and extra large- so Link AKC smart dog collar can be used on a dog of any size.
- It has a genuine leather collar.
- The manufacturer provides 3 months free services.
- Has light and sound as well as temperature alerts.
- Allows you to maintain Vet and health record of your pet.
- Allows you to keep a tab on your dog’s physical activities.
How Does The Link AKC Smart Collar Work?
Link AKC allows you to monitor your dog anywhere in the US, as long as the product has connectivity to any of the following mediums – GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or a cellular network. You can monitor the day to day activity of your pooch.
During the initial set up process, a safe zone is created around the perimeter of your home. Bluetooth connectivity is used in the safe zone. When your dog is at home, it will show “with you” or “near base station” in the app. When the dog strays outside the safe zone, and the Bluetooth connectivity is broken, then the status changes to “away”.
To track your dog, stay on the location screen, which will keep the GPS turned on, and you will get the first location within 3 to 5 minutes, thereby increasing your chances by tenfold to rescuing your pup.
You will keep getting continuous alerts, and paw prints will show the recent location that your pet has visited. When you turn on the "Lost Mode", your GPS will be connected even if you leave the screen.
To get faster updates, keep your base station always plugged in, and your app running in the background. Remember to enable all permissions as well.
Stand Out Features - How To Use The Product
Link AKC smart collar is beneficial for those who train dogs. We know that sound acts as a positive reinforcement and allows your dog to understand that he has been good. The Link AKC smart collar has speakers built into it, which you can control through the app in your phone.
The comfort of your dog is of utmost importance for the manufacturers of Link AKC, and this is why this dog collar comes in various sizes- extra small, small, medium, large and extra large. The designer acknowledges the fact that like humans, no two dogs are the same. So, before ordering, measure the girth of your dog's neck. The product can also be exchanged.
For a dog to be properly trained, he/she needs to be properly trained under all kinds of environmental conditions. Also in our hectic life, we can only give our pet time to exercise in the evening. For such scenarios, Link AKC collar comes fitted with a LED light, which allows you to train safely at night. Also, you will be able to keep a track on all his activities with the Link AKC smart technologies which help to keep a tab using advanced GPS settings.
The most stand-out feature for any product is its durability, and Link AKC collar scores big in this department. It is made of genuine leather, and that can withstand rain and shine alike. One should never compromise on quality when it comes to their four-legged friend. Their loyalty deserves only the best that one has to offer.
With normal usage, the Link AKC battery lasts for up to 3 days. You can keep the base station plugged in always, which will help you to conserve battery. When the tracker is connected by cellular signal, then it can last for around 1 day, and when live GPS tracking is activated, it can last for less than 4 hours.
For charging the device, you can place the tracking unit on the base station, making sure that it is aligned with the charging pin. The tracking unit takes close to two hours to charge, and once it’s completely charged, all four base station lights are illuminated.
If the power gets turned off, then you would have to turn it on manually. For easy understanding, the Link AKC shows a blinking green light on the tracking unit to indicate that it is turned ON.
Range Of The Link AKC Smart Collar?
Since it is connected by GPS or cellular network, the range is extensive, and it can be tracked on land as well as in water, as it is water resistant up to 3 ft. Link AKC can be tracked anywhere over the US, wherever there is AT&T cellular network.
What Comes In The Box?
When you buy Link AKC smart collar, you will get either a leather or a sports collar depending on your aesthetic choice. The product is equipped with a tracker, a charging pod, and a home base along with an instruction manual as well as a 3 month of the service pack.
Who is this tracker for?
If you are a travel junkie and your pet is your favourite travel companion, then this is ideal for you. If you are hiking up some mountainous trail or are going for a swim in some remote cliff, the Link AKC smart collar will be invaluable for you.
It can be used by every dog owner as well as professionals who train their dogs. Everyone who has a pet and worries about them, Link AKC will be your and your dog’s favourite companion. All your dog’s location and needs are at your fingertips, with the latest technological updates.
From rugged terrain to water areas, its features are adaptable to all extreme conditions.
What pet is the link AKC smart collar most suitable for?
Link AKC is a curved and lightweight collar with snug fit and comfort. Since it comes in a variety of sizes, it can be used by all kind of dogs of various sizes. It is available in different size like extra small, small, medium, large and extra large. The XS collar measures 9-13 inches, small measures 9.5 to 14 inches, medium measures 14 to 17.5 inches, large is 17 to 21 inches, and extra large measures 20.5 to 25 inches.
Link AKC can be used on cats if it weighs more than 10 pounds, but it was primarily made by keeping dogs in mind. It is used to monitor your dog and understand his behaviour.
how and where does the tracker attach itself?
The Link AKC smart collar comes with fashionable collars made of leather and sporty material. The tracker can also be individually attached to any dog collar having a minimum width of 1 inch.
Does the tracker withstand the environment, is it waterproof?
A pet loves to be outdoors running around, sometimes falling in the mud, and sometimes running through light rain or through hedges. This tracker is for those scenarios when they decide to run wild without you around. It can withstand any rugged condition and is resilient to water till 3 feet for about 30 minutes. So do not worry; wherever your pet goes, the Link AKC tracker will be its trusted companion.
The manufacturers are particular that in water, the tracker can survive submersion till about 3 feet.
how many pets can be tracked simultaneously?
If you own a big dog family, then this is the product for you. You can attach 10 dog trackers to your app. The app can easily be downloaded from the Android Play Store or the iOS App Store. So, for each dog, you have to buy a separate collar but one app can track them all.
which devices will the tracker work with?
Your phone, as well as the smart collar, both need connectivity. So, the tracker works with a smartphone that has Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and cellular network connectivity.
Are there any after sales costs involved?
It has an after-sales service plan that allows you to store your pet's data as well as provides you with an opportunity to keep in touch with other Link AKC members. This gives you an opportunity to emergency services like 24/7 poison control. For a very nominal fee, you have such a vast array of advantages, which proves extremely beneficial during times of emergency.
Battery life of the system?
Since Link AKC works on advanced GPS as well as cellular network, it uses a lot of battery. When you have the device on “lost mode”, the battery lasts for around 4 hours. When it is at home or at the base location, and is using Bluetooth, it lasts for around 3 to 4 days. When the GPS tracking is on or using the cellular network, it can last for around 24 hours or so.
what are the dimensions?
The X-Small collar measures 9-13 inches, Small collar measures 9.5 to 14 inches, the Medium measures 14 to 17.5 inches, the Large measures 17 to 21 inches, and the X-Large measures 20.5 to 25 inches.
pros of the Link AKC smart collar?
- It is extremely user-friendly and doesn't need any elaborate setup ritual.
- The packaging is accompanied by extremely detailed user manual which will help you to get familiar with the product and its various features.
- You can track upto 10 pets and automatically creates a safe zone, thus, helping you to stay on top of matters.
- The tags fit most collars, and it comes with its own stylish leather collar as well as one with a sporty look.
- You will get a timely alert for recharging your batteries. Thus, there is never a chance of running out of charge.
- By nominal yearly charge, you can have a lot of advantageous benefits.
- You will get an alert on the app in your phone within 3 to 5 minutes of a dog crossing over the designated safe zone.
- Unlike other products, Link AKC allows you to store every kind of information regarding your dog like Vet details and medical history. You no longer have to lug sheaves of paperwork around.
- It is an invaluable device for tracking.
- It is high on aesthetics and extremely durable too, making your pet look smart in a Link AKC collar.
- The remote light setting, which you can turn by just pressing a button on the app in your phone, thus helping you track your dog in the dark.
- It gives a temperature alert.
- It also allows you to store data of your pets physical activities, thus, helping you keep track of whether he’s had enough exercise.
- The after-sales service is extremely good.
Customers are extremely happy with this product.
certain drawbacks of the tracker
- The activity tracker might not live up to the expectation of some who wish more out of a product
- It is slightly more expensive than the other products available in the market. But nothing good and having such advanced features can come for cheap. The cost is nothing when compared to the well being of your pet.
Why choose the link AKC smart collar over others?
- Simultaneous tracking and monitoring of 10 pets
- Allows you to store your pet’s medical history.
- Excellent customer service
- Notification with 5 minutes after your pet goes beyond the safe zone.
- Connected via advanced GPS setting and uses cellular network and wifi.
- Keeps track of your pet’s physical activities.
- Has in-built light.
- Has a temperature indicator.
Is it worth the money?
The costs might appear steep in comparison to the other available products. But its excellent features definitely make it worth the investment, as the worth of your pet is priceless.
It is a highly regarded product by customers who have used it. It is a top notch product with most online sites selling it at a 5-star rating.
The reviews are extremely positive and encouraging and who better can judge a product than the people who have used it.
Nothing can match up to you than the safety of your pet, and that is guaranteed if you are using the Link AKC smart collar. It is an excellent product and is highly rated. In a world, where most products have some kind of a complaint from its users, this probably is one of a kind product, which has 100% customer satisfaction.
where to buy?
The best place we’ve found to buy the Link AKC smart collar is the Amazon store with its free post and packaging. So why waste time get the Link AKC Dog tracker for your furry friend now 🙂
Did you enjoy reading my article? Your friends and family might too. Feel free to pin it in Pinterest or share it with them on Facebook...