My Guide To Dog Cooling Beds
It often gets very hard for our pet dogs to cope up with the heat in summers. Their thick fur makes it even hotter for them. The condition is even worse in hot countries. Several problems may arise if your dog is not feeling comfortable and is made to fight the hot and humid weather. They do not sweat, and thus cannot cool themselves like humans. Therefore, it is very important for you to provide your dog with a cooling dog bed in order to keep them comfortable even in hot climates.
The dog cooling bed nowadays are mostly memory foams or memory foams infused with gel. Some also come with an ice pack, and a water pouch to keep the bed cool. These beds keep the dog elevated from the ground, and make the dog feel a lot cooler than they would feel otherwise.
Types Of Cooling Pads For Dogs
There are 3 main types of cooling pads for dogs. Depending on your condition, and ease of handling, you may choose any one of the following cooling beds for your dog:
- Pressure-activated cooling pads: These are gel based cooling pads which contain a chemical that absorbs the heat of the dog when it sits on the bed.
- Water-filled beds: These are the most common type of cooling dog bed. The problem with these beds is that they are susceptible to leakage on being chewed. It generally stays cool for 5 to 7 hours.
- Phase-changing cooling pads: These type of cooling pads are generally the costliest of the three. They contain a chemical called Cool Pax, and stay cool even at 58 degrees. They can keep your dog cool for a longer period than the other two.
Benefits Of Dog Cooling Pads
There are several benefits of using the cooling pads for your dogs. A normal bed is generally too hot for them and does not make them feel comfortable during summers. That is the reason we see many dogs lying on their belly on the concrete, or other floorings while sleeping. A few of the most common ones are listed below:
- Avoids dehydration – The cooling beds prevents your dog from overheating and from heatstroke and dehydration.
- Proper sleep – The cooling beds not only provide the dogs with a cooler place to lie down, they are also made up of pretty comfortable fabrics which help them have a good sleep.
- Beneficial for senior dogs – It is advised to lay senior dogs down on a mat or on a bed, since lying down on the floor might not be the best idea for them at this age. They may suffer from arthritis or swellings. These beds help them to reduce the pain and are a good treatment for the same.
- Reduces shedding – It has been observed that dogs shed a lot more on summers than during other times of the year. Using these beds will reduce the shedding of your dog to a considerable extent.
- Keeps the dog clean – It is very unhygienic for dogs to sleep on the floor due to obvious reasons. These cooling beds provide a clean and proper elevated space for your dog to sleep on, and also make them comfortable. Your dog can lie down without you worrying about it getting dirty. It will also help you avoid a lot of skin problems for your dog.
- Prevents cold –The thick insulating layer between the ground and the dog ensures that your dog does not fall ill or catch a cold during the winter seasons. These beds have been designed to stay at a normal temperature during summers and absorb the heat. Thus, even during winters, they will stay at a normal temperature, thus, making your dog feel a bit warm.
- Makes them feel good – Dogs love to have their own territory. Once you place your dog on the cooling pad, very soon you will see your dog guarding it against others, and protecting it from intruders. They will also try to keep it clean. Having their own personal space makes them happy.
The Best Dog Cooling Pads Available In The Market
There are hundreds of dog cooling pads available on the internet. However, not all are of excellent quality. If you end up with a dog cooling pad which is not made up of a good material, it will soon start leaking and will create a mess and increase your hassle. Also, since this is a very important product in order to keep your dog comfortable and healthy, you need to be assured that the product matches checks all the right boxes and matches your requirements. Listed below are 5 of the top selling dog cooling pads which are available on Amazon:
This is undoubtedly the most popular and the best cooling dog bed available on Amazon. It has a number of positive reviews on the site and has served numerous happy customers worldwide.
The Green Pet Shop is one of the leaders when it comes to innovation of pet products. Their Pressure-Activated Cooling Pad is one of the best in the market. With an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars, this product tops the list of the most sold dog cooling pads on Amazon.
This product is one of the most affordable dog cooling beds on Amazon with a listed price of only $38.41. It is available in a variety of textures and colours. There are several shapes such as L-shaped, chaise and sofa-shaped bed available as well.
This is an automatically recharging cooling bed, and provides up to 3 hours of cooling time once recharged. This product can be easily cleaned using soap and water as well.
This comes from one of the most popular brands on Amazon. Dogbed4less has a huge inventory of products listed on Amazon, and most of them are on the cheaper side of the competitors. It comes with a removable denim cover which can be washed as well. It comes with gel memory foam which provides utmost comfort to your dog.
Since there are a plethora of options available online when it comes to buying a dog cooling bed online, it is highly advisable to go through the product reviews before getting your hands on one of them.